Can I customise subtitles?
Yes, it is possible to customise subtitles on several devices!
If you are watching our films on your web browser, please go here to adjust subtitle sizes. Please note this will only be reflected when watching on you browser.
If you are watching on an iOS device, you can customise your subtitle options from your device's settings. To do this:
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on Accessibility.
- Under the Hearing section, tap on Subtitles & Captioning.
- Tap on Style in order to customise how closed captions work.
If you are watching on an Android device, you can customise your subtitle options from your device's settings. Please note that not all Android TV devices will have this option. To do this:
- Open your device's Settings app
- Tap Accessibility, then tap Caption preferences.
- Tap Caption size and style
- To change caption size, tap Text size, then select the text size.
- To change the style and color for caption text and background, tap Caption style, then select the style.
If you are watching on a Roku, you can customise the subtitles on the Roku menu directly, please see the instructions on the following article, "Customising closed captions": https://support.roku.com/en-gb/article/208756848-how-to-enable-closed-captioning.
There might be some cases in which films have hardcoded subtitles, which means we cannot change them, and in this case the customisation would not work, but that is not very frequent.