How do I activate MUBI on my Smart TV or Streaming Media Player device?
MUBI is supported on various Smart TVs and Media Player devices. To activate your account on these devices you will first need to install the official MUBI App. Once the app is installed, please follow these steps:
1. Open the MUBI app on your Smart TV or Streaming Media Player and navigate to the Settings page. Alternatively you can also navigate to a film page and select Watch Film.
2. Some devices will show a Welcome screen where you will see two options - "Start Subscription" and "Already a member? Login". Please select "Login".
3. This will bring up an activation page with two different options - a QR code or a 6 digit code.
To login with the QR code:
4. To log in using the QR code, scan the code on your screen using the camera app or a QR code reader on your device.
5. This will open mubi.com on your mobile browser. Make sure you are logged in to your subscribed account - if you are not yet logged in, you will need to do so to complete the activation process.
6. You will see the following message on your mobile browser: "Your device is now connected". You should now be able to access your MUBI subscription on your TV!
To login using the 6 digit code:
4. Open up mubi.com/activate (or the device specific URL on your screen) on your computer while logged into your subscribed MUBI account and input the code you see. (Make sure that it is displayed on your TV at the same time–otherwise it won't work!)
5. Press "Activate" and you should then receive confirmation.
6. You will see the following message on your browser: "Your device is now connected". You should now be able to access your MUBI subscription on your TV!